Leading In Prayer - Register Here
For many people, prayer remains a mystery, and praying in public is a test of faith left to the “professionals” of the church. This course on praying in public will help the participant grow in confidence and skill in prayer, both public and personal.
We will meet 3 times to complete the course. Your meeting times will be:
- 10/7 via zoom from 6:30 - 9pm
- 10/10 via zoom from 6:30 - 9pm
- 10/16 @ Hope UMC from 9am - 2pm (5980 WILMINGTON PIKE, DAYTON, OH 45459 )
The course is $20. Lunch will be provided on Saturday, 10/16, but you do need to order your own book.
Your course instructor will send you the syllabus beforehand. There is plenty of homework ahead of time, so don't wait to get your book! The participant book we will be using is Let the Whole Church Say Amen!
by Laurence Hull Stookey. You can order your book at one of the links below:
Justice in Everyday Life - Register Here
This course looks at the Social Principles of The United Methodist Church.
We will meet 3 times to complete the course and it will be taught by Rev. Dr. Jocelyn Roper. Your meeting times will be:
- 10/1 via zoom from 6 - 8:30pm
- 10/8 via zoom from 6 - 8:30pm
- 10/16 @ Hope UMC from 9am - 2pm (5980 WILMINGTON PIKE, DAYTON, OH 45459)
The course is $20. Lunch will be provided on Saturday, 10/16.
Your course instructor will send you the syllabus beforehand. We will be using the book Social Principles of The United Methodist Church 2017–2020. You can order your book at one of the links below:
- (ebook only) https://www.christianbook.com/social-principles-united-methodist-church-ebook/9781501835780/pd/92408EB?event=ESRCG