Bellbrook United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Music Director. Coordinates & develops worship music with pastor; oversees praise team, small group, and youth music programs; oversees music accompanists. Musical instrument ability is a plus. Directs music for Sunday services and one weekly evening rehearsal. Send resume or questions to: Bellbrook UM Church, 47 E. Franklin Street, Bellbrook OH 45305 or pastor [at] bellbrookumc.org.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Music Director shall direct the music ministry of the congregation and work with the Pastor in planning worship.
Specific responsibilities and duties for this position will be as follows:
1. Assist in planning music for all worship services – Sunday morning and other worship services during the different seasons of the liturgical year.
2. Enlist and coordinate persons of all ages to provide special music for worship.
3. Enlist and coordinate children and youth to sing/play in Children Youth (C/Y) Music Ministry.
4. Plan and coordinate the presentation of music by the music teams (Celebration Choir, Praise Team, and C/Y Music Ministry) for Sunday morning and other worship services during the different seasons of the liturgical year.
5. Enlist and coordinate persons to sing/play in the music teams.
6. Obtain necessary music for the music teams.
7. Work with the Worship Accompanist and other musicians in the congregation to assist the music teams.
8. Maintain the budget for music.
9. Maintain the music files and books in the Music Room.
10. Meet regularly with the Pastor and Worship Planning Committee.
11. Lead in the planning of music for Music Celebration Sunday.
12. Ensure compliance with current copyright and licensing regulations for all aspects of the worship experience.
13. Supervise all paid and volunteer music staff. Provide a written performance review of all paid music staff to the Pastor on at least an annual basis.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor that relate to the worship celebration.
The Music Director will coordinate days and hours of employment with the Pastor.
The Music Director will work for Bellbrook United Methodist Church under the supervision of the Pastor. The Music Director may request a hearing with the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) regarding any concerns by contacting her/his SPRC liaison or the Chair of SPRC.
This agreement shall be reviewed and updated as necessary, but not less than once per year. The Job Description, along with the Personnel Policy, will be the basis for the evaluation of the Music Director. The Pastor in conversation with the SPRC will conduct all evaluations.
The Music Director shall be paid an annual salary to be determined annually by the Church Board after receiving the SPRC recommendation. The Music Director shall be paid on or about the 15th and 30th of the month. Sick leave and paid vacation time will be coordinated with the Pastor under the guidelines of the Personnel Policy.
All BUMC music staff are permitted to offer for-profit opportunities for music education for the purpose of promoting church musicianship and shall be in full compliance of all BUMC facility use policies.