TITLE: CHURCH CUSTODIAN
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, non-exempt (.4 FTE)
HOURS: 5:00—8:00 pm, Monday—Friday (negotiable)
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $12 per hour to start
SUMMARY OF POSITION & RESULTS EXPECTED: An effective Church Custodian supports the mission and ministry of Concord Church by maintaining the cleanliness and security of the Church building and grounds, and by performing minor property repairs.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- This person will ideally be a growing Christian with a desire to serve God through the ministry of custodial work and must support the mission and vision of Concord Church.
- This person should have experience cleaning offices or other public spaces.
- This person should be knowledgeable of cleaning supplies and methods for polishing furniture, sanitizing kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures, vacuuming carpets, mopping and polishing floors, and cleaning windows.
- This person must work well with others, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This person must demonstrate effective time management skills and a high capacity to work in a self-directed environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and security of church facility and grounds, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Collect and remove all trash from the building daily
- Clean and supply restrooms and kitchen daily
- Perform floor care, to include: sweeping, mopping, waxing, buffing, etc.
- Dust & polish wood furniture and surfaces
- Clean glass doors & windows
- Set up and take down tables and chairs in fellowship hall for special events as requested by the organizing group
- Assist with snow and ice control as needed during scheduled working hours
- Remove minor debris and litter from parking lots as needed nursing scheduled working hours
- Ensure all doors are locked and securely closed and lights are off before leaving
- Perform building maintenance, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Complete routine tasks such as: replacing light bulbs, minor plumbing and equipment repairs, and other tasks within the employee’s capability
- Immediately report all other repair or non-routine maintenance needs to the Lead Pastor and/or Trustees
- Communicate, coordinate, and cooperate with other staff & lay leaders:
- Cooperate with Preschool Custodian to provide mutual coverage of essential tasks in the event of either employee’s absence due to illness or scheduled time off
- Coordinate with Preschool Custodian and church office to maintain inventory of custodial supplies
- Communicate with Lead Pastor and/or Trustees concerning specific custodial and grounds maintenance tasks needs or concerns
- Perform other tasks congruent with the nature and goals of this position, as directed by the Pastor for the good of the Church
- Adhere to Safe Sanctuary Policy and Procedures (including consent to criminal background screening)