Eaton United Methodist Church
Contemporary Praise and Worship Director
POSITION: This is a Part-time salaried position requiring approximately 10 hours per week.
MAIN GOAL: To provide passionate, Christ-centered leadership for the Sunday morning contemporary worship service.
- To have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Spiritual and emotional stability and maturity
- Demonstrate the practice of the Core Beliefs, Core Values, and Ministry Purpose of Eaton UMC
- Provide Christ-centered leadership for the contemporary worship celebration
- Select and prepare music for the Sunday morning contemporary worship service in collaboration with the Pastor
- Provide Song name and artist to multi media person so they can create slides
- Assist others to incorporate various types of visual arts in the worship experience
- Hold weekly rehearsals to ensure that the Praise Band is prepared for leading a worship experience
- Work closely with the multi-media team to ensure that all equipment is set-up and working for the Sunday morning contemporary worship service
- To model servant-leadership in the practice of ministry
- Ability to encourage and build others up for successful servant ministry
- Organized work habits
- Able to read music (i.e. chord charts, lead sheets)
- Well-accomplished in playing a guitar
- Broad familiarity with contemporary Christian music
- Ability to effectively lead congregational worship both instrumentally and vocally
- Commitment to and skills in team-based ministry leadership
- Ability to arrange music and use related software effectively a plus
- Good communication, relational and social skills
- The Worship Leader for the contemporary service is accountable to the Pastor and to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) of Eaton UMC.