Normandy UMC in Dayton is looking for a Children's Ministry Director. Please contact Rev. John A. Guliano at jguliano [at] normandyumc.org or 937-265-8621 if interested.
POSITION TITLE: Children's Ministry Director
This person will be responsible for the development, planning, and implementation of a ministry of Christian
instruction and nurturing that will enable children from birth through 5th grade to experience God and grow in
their Christian faith. Reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Meet with the Childrens Ministry Council to establish! clarify educational goals, plans and budgetrelated to children's ministry. Work to continually increase the effectiveness of the Christian education program.
- Plan with the Childrens Ministry Council for childrens ministry related teacher leader recruitment, training, evaluation and recognition.
- Coordination of the Sunday morning children's program including:
- Present curriculum choices to the Childrens Ministry Council for selection.
- The recruitment, training, and scheduling of teachers, leaders and substitutes
- Coordination and planning Children's music
- Develop resources and link people to these resources
- All logistics including distribution of curriculum, ensuring the availability of basic supplies, attendance record keeping and offerings.
- On-site direction on Sunday morning
- On-going implementation of Safe Sanctuary Policy
- Coordination and on-site direction of Vacation Bible School
- Plan with the Children's Ministry Council and provide leadership to:
- Church-wide family events such as hayrides, skating, square dances or picnics.
- Children's parties at Christmas and Easter and other special events
• Occasional participation in worship such as Ministry Moments
• Coordination of the Nursery Program
- Oversight of Nursery Staff
• Communicate to staff, church and wider community about children's ministry activities
• Attend Normandy staff meetings
• Spiritually well founded in Christian beliefs
• College degree &/or 4 years experience in a childrens education setting
• Excitement about and commitment to children and their Christian education
• Able to relate well to children, families and leaders
• Demonstrated organizational skills including ability to communicate, network and delegate duties
• Works well with volunteers
• Commitment to teamwork
• Competent with computer and internet skills
A team style of ministry is vitally important to the success of the ministry at Normandy UMC. A team player
will enthusiastically participate in cooperative planning and implementation of programs and general ministry
activities. This includes regular attendance at staff meetings and sharing in the teaching ministry of the church.
Be supportive of Lead Pastor and Staff in their conversations at all times.