Christ Church Network
Open Position: Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operations Officer for the Christ Church Network leads, develops and deploys Christ Church Network’s business, financial and facility resources for multiplying the mission.
About The Christ Church Network
The Christ Church Network is currently a family of 5 campuses whose mission is to build healthy congregations that transform lives and communities. The vision of the Christ Church Network is to intentionally plant, adopt and connect churches in order to connect the community to God.
This is lived out within the local context that God has placed the campus. Each campus lives out ministry within the local context but enjoys the benefit of being connected to a larger family of churches that can harness the collective power of everyone.
The Christ Church Network offers:
5 campuses in 4 locations
Administrative services and resources to campuses
Coaching and consulting to help strengthen local churches
Position: Chief Operations Officer
Accountable to: Lead Pastor of the Network
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within
Christ Church Network including worship attendance, small group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out your call and giftedness.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in management plus finance or accountingrelated paid position; non-profit/church experience helpful
- Paid staff supervisory experience
- Track record of successful recruitment/equipping/deploying of paid staff and unpaid servants (volunteers)
Skills Required to Succeed:
- Ability to re-engineer and lead finance and facility structures and systems that will maximize the ministry and mission for growing disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world; includes ability to lead change.
- Ability to recruit, build and deploy effective paid and unpaid teams to accomplish the mission.
- Ability to coach others on how to be strong leaders and coaches of others.
- Ability to maintain confidences and work/communicate effectively with all personality types across the staff team and congregation.
- Understanding of appropriate human resource policies and practices.
- Competent in accounting procedures, cash flow and expense forecasting as well as office systems and software; ability to manage contractors and vendors.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Lead overall responsibility for the Finance Office and the staff responsible for all accounting and financial systems.
- Oversee preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports/cash flow analysis.
- Lead and manage annual budgeting.
- Negotiate and secure insurance policies for facilities, vehicles, mission trips, directors & officer’s liability and general liability.
- Manage banking relationships.
- Coordinate independent accountants’ activities.
- Negotiate/secure outside contracts.
- Provide capital asset management/tracking and replacement strategy.
- Provide financial supervision and support to Christ Church
- Network future business units and 501c3 affiliates as required.
- Serve as staff executive team liaison to the Network Board; attend all Network Board Meetings.
- Provide new employee benefits orientation.
- Manage all benefits (health, disability, retirement/403b, other fringe, etc.) offered to employees.
- Negotiate and secure employee health benefits and related contracts.
- Coordinate and spearhead quarterly employee reviews in consultation with supervisors.
- Organize/drive fall stewardship campaign in conjunction with the Network operational team.
- Develop relationships, communication strategies and key checkpoints (group and one-on-one) with key investors into ministry and mission
- Develop large givers and giving strategies.
- Lead funding “asks” for non-budgeted church events and capital investments.
- Partner with discipleship ministries to teach personal financial management and stewardship throughout the congregation.
- Consult and strategize with the endowment team.
- Lead and partner with the Christ Church Network Facility team which manages facility maintenance, housekeeping/setup coordination and grounds/vehicles supervisors to organize/manage the logistics of five campuses, three buildings.
- Identify facility vision and priorities for enabling and enhancing ministry and mission.
- Help manage long term maintenance projects at each campus.