Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Dixon United Methodist Church
Reports to: Pastor and SPRC (Staff Parish Relations Committee)
Prepared By: Dr. Bridget Weatherspoon Prepared Date: 5/15/18
Administrative Assistant responsible for managing day to day secretarial duties of the church which includes answering phones, designing along with the pastor weekly worship bulletins, newsletter, updates to website, Facebook page, assist with farmers market, weekly updates to digital messaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provided on-site management of the business operations of the church
• Input of the accounting and financial functions and recordkeeping. Maintain accounting and recordkeeping software systems, assuring the back up of files and data bases on an established routing and recurring basis.
• Oversee the maintenance and up-keep of physical facilities, buildings and grounds in coordination with Trustee Chair.
• Handle all personnel matters of non-program staff.
• Create Advertisement for special events.
• Work with Senior pastor to ensure all operations are in keeping with overall vision of the church
• Attend committee meetings and provide information as requested by Pastor(s) and or Committee Chairperson.
• Attend all church staff meetings as scheduled
Maintain the highest standard of professionalism, including professional attire, in representing the church.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and. or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other qualification includes the ability to perform detailed clerical work. Dependability and self-directed in daily tasks, and working knowledge of MS (Microsoft) Office software.
Ability to use a computer software program to develop and publish reports, manage and analyze data. Experience in data mining, data entry and on demand reporting capabilities.
Dixon United Methodist Church is a warm, traditional, small-membership congregation in the heart of Jefferson Township right outside of Dayton, Ohio. Dixon is a congregation characterized by a spirit of hospitality and welcome. Its multi-generational membership is anchored in a rich, 56 year history that makes way for creative initiatives and new traditions.
Minimum Technology Skills
Use of latest Microsoft office software for word processing.
Use of Google plus for email
Basic proficiency in: composing emails, spell checks, creating church bulletins, graphics, manage email calendar, compose documents, print, mail merge, insert graphic image, basic outlining, and organizing and creating files.
Minimum Skills Required
Basic proficiency in composing emails, spell check, organize and use file system. Proficient is Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please email Resume to Bridgetw431 [at] aol.com or call 937-414-4781 for more information.