SAFETY & SECURITY IN THE CHURCH - plus - THE DIFFICULTIES OF OPIATE & HEROIN ADDICTION
So what happens in an emergency at your church-lost child, unresponsive adult, accident, disorderly person, gas line break, smoke, tornado, utility failure, intruder or active shooter? Who directs the members? What’s the plan? Who to call? We should know. Come and learn:
- To use the Assessment Tool for safety and security in and around your church.
- Develop Emergency Plans for a multitude of emergencies in and around your church.
- Plan for a Crisis Team to handle any emergency, illness, or problem during worship.
Regarding Opiate & Heroin Addiction: Learn how and why persons, even 12 year olds, are addicted. Why pre-school children are addicted. Why arrests don’t solve the problem. What pain killers does your doctor prescribe to you? It’s important we:
- Understand the depth of the opiate and heroin problem in our church’s community.
- Offer ways to help families affected by opiate or heroin addiction.
- Be more aware of opiates you and family members are prescribed.
On February 18, 2017, in Hebron, Ohio, TARRP (Town and Rural Resource Program) is offering a very informative workshop to help your church board, mission team, and others learn and be equipped to
help your church to make a difference in the lives of your parishioners and community.
Please see the attached brochure or email Rev. Debbie Ketcham at revdsk [at] frontier.com" _mce_style="color: #e67a27 !important; text-decoration: none !important;" href="mailto:revdsk [at] frontier.com" linktype="2" style="color: rgb(230, 122, 39) !important;" target="_blank">revdsk [at] frontier.com for more information.