Transitional Intentional Interim Ministry Specialists (TIIMS) Training Seminar (West Ohio)
Monday, January 29, 2018 – 9:00am to Thursday, February 1, 2018 – 6:00pm (Phase I)
Under ¶338.3 of The Book of Discipline, interim appointments may be made where there are special transitional needs. A Transitional Intentional Interim Ministry Specialist (TIIMS) pastor significantly increases the possibilities for a congregation experiencing special transitional needs to establish and maintain their positive, forward motion. Intentional Interim Ministry is not simply pulpit supply. Supply keeps the doors open for worship and basic ministry functions. The interim period in critical transitions is an intensive period of analysis and re-focusing. The goal of Intentional Interim Ministry is to assist the congregation as it moves toward increased health and vitality of ministry. To learn more about TIIMS ministry in the UMC, visit https://tiimsa.org/ and/or https://www.gbhem.org/clergy/district-superintendents/interim-ministry/transitional-intentional-interim-ministry-united
The TIIMS Training Seminar is a three-phase event spanning six months.
· Phase I is a classroom experience designed to sharpen one’s general ministry skills, provide new insights for working as a change agent, introduce tools and techniques for use in short-term leadership, and orient one towards “intentional” ministry.
· Phase II consists of independent practice of these skills in one’s current ministry setting, in a mentored relationship with the Seminar leader.
· Phase III (dates to be determined by participants during Phase I) is a three to four day gathered event when theory and practice are more fully integrated using the Change Process Reports prepared during Phase II.
Qualified Interim Ministry Specialists will be:
· Ordained Elders or Licensed Local Pastors
· In good standing in active or retired relationship with their annual conference
· Experienced clergy (at least five years in pastoral ministry)
· Recommended by their District Superintendent or Bishop
Location Name: United Theological Seminary
Location Address: 4501 Denlinger Road, Dayton, OH 45426
Contact: Rev. Angela R. Meeks
Email: revangmeeks [at] gmail.com